Buffalo Island Central Homecoming RoyaltyBuffalo Island Central Junior High Homecoming Queen and ninth grade maids are, from left: Laci DeWitt, escorted by Brody Edgin; Olivia Manning, escorted by Caleb Suiter; Queen Jasman Harrison...
Manila journalism students bring home national awardsManila Media students Nadia Brown and Veronica Murphy each came home from the JEA/NSPA Fall High School Journalism Convention in Dallas as national award winners. Both students are members of the MHS...
- Author Steve Watkins holds book signing in Monette (11/21/17)
- Leachville officer completes Basic Police Training Course (11/21/17)
- Buffalo Island Museum installs smoke alarm system (11/21/17)
- BIC school board receives reports (11/21/17)
- Nona Rogers selected for Leachville's Grand Marshal (11/21/17)
- Publishers retire after newspapering 46 years, 28 on Buffalo Island (11/14/17)
- Riverside Homecoming Court (11/14/17)
- Manila Middle School honors veterans (11/14/17)
- Riverside School Board talks lunch payment (11/14/17)
- Veterans Day Ceremony held in Manila (11/14/17)
Marvin “Doug” Hall (11/22/17)Marvin “Doug” Hall, 71, of Monette, passed away Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, at Twin Rivers Hospital in Kennett, Mo. He was born Nov. 23, 1945, in Lake City to the late Johnny and Elena Grimes Hall. He...
Robert Nelson Hamilton (11/14/17)Robert Nelson Hamilton, 78, of Manila passed from this life Monday, Nov. 13, 2017, at his home. Born at Manila he was the son of the late Nelson and Genevieve Mobley Hamilton and had been a lifelong...
John Elvis Byrd (11/14/17)John Elvis Byrd,60 of Manila, passed from this life Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017, at St. Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro. Born in Leachville, he was the son of the late Carl and Sue Turnbow Byrd and...
Regina Hatch (10/30/17)Holly Grove -- Regina Hatch, 61, passed away Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017 in Stuttgart. She was born July 8, 1956, to the late Elvis Lee and Edna Lucille Goodman Poe Sr. She was director of nursing at the...
Larry O'Neal Drummond (10/25/17)Monette -- Larry O’Neal Drummond, 73, passed away Monday, Oct. 23, 2017. He was born June 30, 1944, in Camp Gordon, Ga., to the late Herman and Iris Jewell Drummond. He grew up in North Augusta,...
Janet Copeland (10/24/17)Janet LaNell Copeland, 65, of Manila, passed from this life Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Great River Medical Center in Blytheville. Born at Manila, she was the daughter of the late Robert and Daisy...