BIC board approves bond refinancing
Buffalo Island Central School Board members approved issuance and delivery of $685,000 refunding bonds at the regular school board meeting held Monday, Oct. 8. Marshall Hughes with First Security Beardsley Public Finance presented the board with the closing documents associated with refinancing the bonds issued December 2006.
In other business the board:
* Hired staff for after school tutorial programs.
* Accepted resignation of Doug Carter, bus driver and maintenance employee.
* Approved special education local budget application, statement of intent and assurances and agreements for the 2012-13 school year.
* Approved statements of assurance in connection with compliance with state laws and standards.
* Approved minority teacher and administrator recruitment plan as presented.
* Approved student transfers for Jayden Goff to Manila and Braina Brock to Riverside.
* Approved a pre-school evacuation plan as presented.
Board officers for the 2012-13 school year are Todd Edwards, president; John Field, vice president, and Nathan Sanders, secretary.