Manila School Board settles lawsuit

Friday, September 2, 2005
Manila School Board members review final draft of settlement agreement with former Superintendent Charolette Wagner before voting 4-3 to accept the offer. (Town Crier photo/Revis Blaylock)

Manila School Board members voted 4-3 to accept a settlement agreement in the lawsuit with former Superintendent Charolette Wagner at a special called meeting Thursday evening.

Board members reviewed the final draft of the settlement. Following a brief discussion, the board voted 4-3 with Robert Veach, Steve Metheny and Donald Master voting against the settlement, and Jackie Hill, Scott Misner, Johnny McCain, and Tony Crowell voting yes.

The School Board has made several attempts to settle the lawsuit with the offers rejected. Wagner was asking for $60,840.82. In the July meeting the board passed a motion for a final proposal on a settlement with the School District paying 75 percent of the full amount if the insurance company would pay the remaining 25 percent.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: