Today I am going to test your knowledge of the bible. I will give references where they are mentioned. You may enjoy these facts about women of the bible.
How many can you name?
1. Which aged woman laughed when angels said unto her she would bear a child. Genesis 18:10-14.
2. Which widow said, "I went out full, and the Lord has brought me home again empty." Ruth 1:21.
3. Who was the only female Judge of Israel? Judges 4:4.
4. Which woman promised God that if she could give birth to a son no razor would ever touch his head? I Samuel: 9-11.
5. Which queen was divorced by her husband because she would not display her beauty before his drunken guests? Esther 1:10-19.
6. Who hid two spikes and then let them down over a wall to make their escape from the king of Jericho? Joshua 2:1-15.
7. Who stole her father's idols and hid them under a camel's saddle? Genesis 31:34.
8. Which queen fearlessly risked her life by coming unbidden unto a king's presence to save her people? Esther 4:6-19.
9. Which woman, desperately in need of water, had her eyes opened by the Lord and saw a well of water? Genesis 21:14-19.
10. Which queen was thrown from a window to her death? II Kings 9:30-33.
If you missed more than three you need to study more. It would be a real blessing to your life to study a portion of the bible each day. A bible writer tells us to study and lay up in store the precious words of the Lord. One said, I have hidden thy word in my heart that I might not sin against God.
When we faithfully study the bible we know the word of God and it helps us not to sin against God.
His word is a lamp in our path, that helps us stay on the right road of life.
When Satan tempted Jesus on the mount, he quoted the Word of God and the devil left him.
May the Lord bless you and keep you in the right way. May you be obedient and believe his way is the right way.