Riverside East school nurse Shirley Long has many talentsRiverside East school nurse Shirley Long has a talent for taking care of her students when they have scrapes and pains and making them feel better. Long has many other talents including being a...
BIC EAST team wins Girls of Promise Tech for GoodBuffalo Island EAST students recently won the Girls of Promise Tech for Good, sponsored by the Women's Foundation of Arkansas. The competition was open to female students in grades 6-12. BIC EAST...
- Riverside School Board holds May meeting (5/15/18)
- Manila Council works through short agenda (5/15/18)
- Caraway Council approves sale of lots (5/15/18)
- Fatal stabbling involves father, son (5/15/18)
- Jason Evers named Manila District superintendent (5/8/18)
- Mississippi County Extension Agents Receive State Awards (5/8/18)
- BIC EAST students present “Remembering the Forgotten War” (5/8/18)
- Manila board votes to pursue cafeteria service (5/1/18)
- Monette council hears Black Oak sewage details (5/1/18)
- Manila City Council hears update on Jobs Act (5/1/18)
- Buckin' of the Bulls for St. JudeThe sixth annual Buckin' of the Bulls for St. Jude Children's Hospital was held May 11 at Caraway. Merritt Emery, organizer of the event, expressed his appreciation to all of the sponsors, donations, and Hall Rodeo Co. of Ash Flat. “Without them, the event would not be possible,” he said...
- Lady Rebel trio of Robertson, Sain and Wagganor ink college letters of intent (5/15/18)
- Charleston ends Manila's season with 6-4 victory in state tourney (5/15/18)
- BIC falls to Conway Christian in state quarterfinals (5/15/18)
- Lions punch ticket to Class 3A State Baseball Tournament (5/8/18)
- Lions blast Mohawks 11-2 in district finals (5/8/18)
- Manila tracksters shine at state 3A meet (5/8/18)
Adrian Lee Moore (5/16/18)Adrian Lee Moore, 38, of Pocahontas passed away Friday, May 11, 2018. Survivors include his mother, Pat Pankey of Manila; his father, Ricky Moore of Leachville; two sons, Devon and Dawson Wade, both...
Steven Dale Vernon (5/14/18)Steven Dale Vernon, 58, of Leachville, passed from this life Thursday, May 10, 2018, at NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital in Jonesboro. Born in Pontotoc, Miss., he was the son of the late James K. Vardy...
Wilma Jean Lindsey (5/10/18)Wilma Jean Lindsey, 85, of Manila, passed from this life Tuesday, May 8, 2018, at St. Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro. She was the daughter of the late Sid and Beulah Briggins Dildy and had...
Debra Kaye Chamberlain (5/6/18)Debra Kaye Chamberlain, 54, of Leachville, passed from this life Wednesday, May 2, 2018, at her home. Born in Michigan City, Ind., she was the daughter of the late Charles E. Chamberlain and had been...
Garrett R. Bearden (5/6/18)Garrett R. Bearden, 54, of Jonesboro, former Leachville resident, died Wednesday, May 2, 2018, at his home. Born March 29, 1964, in Memphis, he was the son of the late John F. and Norma Joy Wallace...
Martha Ann Brewer (5/4/18)Martha Ann Brewer, 77, passed away Wednesday, May 2, 2018, at St. Bernard Medical Center. She was born June 3, 1940, in Caraway to the late Willie and Eva Adams Olive. Mrs. Brewer is a retiree of...